CSW200: In-Floor, In-Ceiling, Or In-Furniture You know that glass-of-water thing in JURASSIC PARK? Here's how you make it happen in your own home: You install a CSW200 in the wall or floor of your media room. It's easy to install in new-build or existing construction; at only 13" wide it fits easily between 16" on-center studs or floor joists (or even in narrower QuietFloor spacing), and it turns your room into THE THUNDERDOME. No big subwoofer box to clutter up your floor. No guessing at correct placement. Only massive waves of body-moving, rafter-raising low frequency effects, perfectly matched to your other Polk Audio speakers, for a 360° roller-coaster ride of deep, musical bass-from a grille that looks for all the world like an AC return vent (34 1/8" L x 13" W x 9" H). CSW200 Features:
- Installs easily between standard floor joists.
- Long-throw 10" polycomposite subwoofer driver successfully produces bass down to the lowest audible frequencies.
- Patented Dynamic Balance® construction uses laser interferometry to block performance-robbing resonances before you hear them.
- Inverted roll surround for long life in in-wall environments.
Optimum Performance Is In The Cards CSW Series Built-in Subwoofers are remotely controlled by the SWA500 Amplifier (sold separately), which fits conveniently into any equipment rack, so the subwoofers can be tweaked for optimum performance quickly and easily. Plug-in SPEX data cards for each CSW Subwoofer model are included, and automatically download preprogrammed equalization, infrasonic filter characteristics and power-output best matched to your subwoofer. The SWA500 also allows for custom optimization to build on these basic elements and ensure the best performance in your space. The SWA500 Amplifier is a BASH amplifier, combining the fidelity of conventional Class A/B amplifiers with the efficiency of Class D amplifiers. It achieves high power (500 Watts continuous into 4 Ohms!) and cool, reliable operation for epic bass with precise definition and low distortion. Superior Polk Audio Technologies
- Inert cast aluminum basket suppresses resonances.
- Dual spiders ensure smooth linear excursion and prevent "bottoming out."
- Big 2" wide voice coil for high power handling and massive bass.
- Klippel Optimized coil alignment for extraordinary efficient shallow-depth motor action even at lifelike volume.
- Rigid 1.5cf MDF slot-load vented enclosure.
- Exposed grille size: 12" x 12".
- Heavy-duty mounting hardware and professional anti-rattle isolation pads included.
- Powered for optimum performance by the SWA500 Digital Amplifier, available separately.
- Dynamic Balance®-A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- Klippel Optimized Woofer-By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels. Click here for a technical explanation.